Friday, June 26, 2015

Government Internship Program

LINGAYEN – The Sangguniang Panlalawigan has authorized Gov. Amado T. Espino, Jr. to enter into a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) with the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) Regional Office 1 for the implementation of the Government Internship Program (GIP) in the Province of Pangasinan.

Resolution author, Board Member Generoso D. Tulagan, Jr., said that Provincial Resolution No. 1386-2015 is in support of the national government’s goal of helping generate more jobs for the youth and reduce poverty in the countryside.

          The DOLE-GIP is a new program of the national government aimed at providing employment to the poor and indigent youth.

Tulagan said that the project would give an internship opportunity for Pangasinense applicants who are high school or tech-voc (technical-vocational) graduates and unemployed college graduates between 18 to 25 years old to obtain work experience in government agencies and offices at the local and national levels.

Provincial Employment Services Office Manager Alex Ferrer said that DOLE will be shouldering 75 percent of the of the worker’s salaries while the province pays for the remaining 25 percent.   /ADV

No comments:

Post a Comment