Sunday, April 15, 2012
Resuelo: Exceeds performance despite P50 M budget slash
SAN CARLOS CITY – Despite the reduction of P50 million share of this city from the national government, Mayor Julier “Ayoy” Resuelo wants to maintain if not exceed the services as what he has done to his constituents last year. “Actually, nabawasan iyong program natin for 2012 dahil nga P50 million sa ciudad ng San Carlos City because of the 16 (new) cities na ina-probahan ng Supreme Court. So, siguro mabawasan na iyong programs natin but the services will be the same at mas lalo pa nag nating pag-i-igtingin ang services natin. Puro program and puro projects lang,” he stressed. Resuelo said the approved fiscal appropriation for this year is about P380 million while the fiscal appropriation in 2011 was P400 million. He said the reduction of P50 million tied his hands to implement more projects. Resuelo however said that he is grateful for the presence of new pledges and new projects from the Department of Interior & Local Government and the Office of the President. “Nakita naman nila kung gaano ka effective ang local government ng San Carlos. Siguro mabigyan tayo ng pagkakata-on, mabigyan tayo ng financial allocation from the national government,” he said (Mortz C. Ortigoza).