Lingayen- - -The provincial government has expressed its sincerest condolences and deepest sympathy to the bereaved family of Urbiztondo Mayor Ernesto V. Balolong, Jr. who was killed by armed men while supervising a project near the town hall.
|One of the victims of a dastardly act in the Philippines.|
In a resolution filed during the 38th regular session of the provincial board held June 9, Board Member Alfonso Bince, Jr. said that the entire officialdom “extends its condolences to a fellow public servant who has served his constituents with the best of his ability.”
Balolong along with his police bodyguard was gunned down by unidentified gunmen at the back of the CSI Mall in Urbiztondo at around 9:30 in the morning of Saturday.
The provincial board was about to file Provincial Resolution No. 601-2014, which was approved last June 6 in their regular session, affirming the resolution of the committee on good government and accountability of public officers denying the motion to dismiss previously filed by the slain mayor in SP administrative case no. 03-2013 for grave misconduct in office, abuse of authority, dereliction of duty and violation of the local government code of 1991 and related laws.
However, BM Bince said that with the death of the former mayor all four administrative cases filed against him are now dismissed being moot and academic following his death last weekend.
In a press statement issued by Gov. Amado T. Espino, Jr., the provincial chief executive condemned in the strongest terms the murder of Mayor Balolong and his two bodyguards.
The governor ordered the concerned agencies to get to the bottom of the crime.
“Absolutely no one, in any way, will benefit from the crime except those with distorted values and deranged minds,” Gov. Espino stated.
The governor said it is ironic that just one day after he convened the provincial peace and order council to discuss various measures to further ensure the safety of the people of Pangasinan , the cold-blooded killing happened. /RRB