Friday, September 20, 2013

PMAyeer Urges LGUs to Lead in Hero's Burial

By MORTZ C. ORTIGOZA

 Over cup of coffee Americano somewhere in Dagupan City, I narrated before to Pangasinan Police Director Marlou Chan and Dagupan City Police chief Lt. Colonel Cris Abrahano the feats of retired U.S four-star general David Petraues (USMA or West-Point ’74).
A Marine looks at a wounded soldier as he geared
for a fire fight with Moro rebels in Zamboanga
City.
 Prior to his assumption as director of the Central Intelligence Agency, Petraeus was a highly decorated four-star general, serving over 37 years in the United States Army. His last assignments in the Army were as commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) and Commander, U.S. Forces Afghanistan (USFOR-A). His other four-star assignments include serving as the 10th Commander, U.S. Central Command(USCENTCOM), and as Commanding General,Multi-National Force – Iraq (MNF-I).

 “Sabi ni Bob Woodward (on his book “Obama’s War”) that Petraues is a 50 something years old warrior who lives in a body of a 35 year- old athlete. Can you imagine whenever colonels wanted to confer with him they have to don their sports attire at 6 in the morning and brace for a five (5)- mile ( 8.0467 kilometers) speed non-stop run as they convey their agenda to the general,” I said.
ZAMBOANGA CASUALTY: Another dead
 Marine who hailed from Lingayen, Pangasinan
 I told them that Despite his being a post study graduate of Harvard (University) and author of COIN Manual (Counter Insurgency Manual that reduced civilian casualties and expedited the withdrawal of American and coalition troops from Iraq), he was disgraced as the chief of the Central Intelligence Agency.

“Ya, he was disgraced after he “screwed” his bibliographer Paula K Broadwell ( a pretty muscled 1995 West Pointer) who was a former intelligence officer in the Army in an extra-marital expose’ that rocked the CIA,” Chan butted in the vernacular (the Tagalog version of Chan was more music to the ear).

But look at the now part time college “prof” Petraeus. I just saw him days ago at Huckabee at Fox News walking in the street defenseless as he was verbally abused by college students at City University of New York (CUNY).
 Jesus Christ, he was incessantly heckled with the following: “There’s blood all over you, I can smell it”, "Every class, David (it means they are going to protest him every time he reports to his teaching class at CUNY)”.
 Geez, this is not how to bully a general who gave the very freedom of speech (including the heckles) of these students when Petraeus annihilated those Muslim radicals in Afghanistan and Iraq that could sow mayhem in America in the future.
 These activists should know about class when they resort to activism.
 You can accessed the video and article of this brouhaha at CUNY at http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/13/david-petraeus-heckled-cuny

 ***
 If you saw the “pompous” hero’s burial on TV given by the local government unit of San Quintin, Pangasinan to the late PO2 Chris Hernaez, one of the zealous proponents of Pangasinan giving a huge honor to her military and police sons who died fighting for peace and tranquility was police lieutenant colonel Eric Noble (PMA ’92), who posted on my blog Pangasinan News Aro:

“Very nice event, sana mangyari din yan sa mga ibang namatay na pulis at sundalo. Nawa ang ginawa ng mga taga San Quintin ay tularan ng mga iba pang kumunidad na matutong tumingin sa kabayanihan na ginawa ni PO2 Hernaez!“.
 Noble, who speaks like Pangasinan Police Director Marlou Chan, is not only the advocate for the humongous province to lead in giving honors to her slain sons but an author of the book Global Cop.
 Eric, veteran of two United Nations peacekeeping operations, is the handsome version of U.S Colonel H.R McMaster.
 McMaster (West Point '84, Harvard), which I stumbled on Bob Woodward’s 487 pages “The War Within”, was the author of Dereliction of Duty which exposed the weakness of the Joint Chiefs during the Vietnam War has found its success in the Iraq war after McMaster exposed those past mistakes committed by the generals.
*** 
Here under is a hearth wrenching letter, I found on social media Face Book,  dedicated to a fallen PMAyeer:


"I am Christopher Rama. In all likelihood, you don't know me and never will. I died yesterday at Zamboanga City in the service of our country.
 To the rebels who killed me, I forgive you. I'm sure you just followed orders like I did mine. Lay down your arms and rejoin the Zamboanguenos rebuild their homes and the city.

To the leader and instigator of the rebellion, I dare you to come out and face the consequence of your act. No cause is just if pursued with violence.
 To those who call for peace, I ask you remember that it's a truce between two parties. There can never be peace if one often breaks it.
 To officials who crave for the limelight, stop and let my commander-in-chief do what's best for all. Loss of life and limb isn't a political game.
 To my PMA class 2008 mistahs, I leave to you my 1st Lieutenant patch. Continue to defend our country with honor, courage and integrity.
 To my countrymen who care, I entrust to you my young wife and child. Help them live a life without a husband and father.
 And to God, I surrender to you my body so that I may rest in eternal peace"
 Related story - http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/327352/news/nation/wife-of-soldier-killed-by-mnlf-sniper-mourns-loss-during-her-birthday
(Send comments at totomortz@yahoo.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment