Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rep Gina explains vote vs Ombudsperson


I ran and was elected into office, (as congressperson of the 4th District of Pangasinan) through an overwhelming vote, on a platform of change. As a housewife, before being elected into office, I did my share of pushing for change by being actively involved in civil society efforts to bring about change, walking the streets of Makati and Manila, in an effort to voice our desire for change.

Today, I have the opportunity to take a clear and definite step toward bringing about this change. I do this in the exercise of my duty, as representative of the fourth district of Pangasinan, bearing in mind that this vote is sacred, and is an accurate expression of my constituency's stand in this particular issue.

I vote in favor of House Resolution No. 1089, setting forth the articles of impeachment because I believe this is the first step "tungo sa daang matuwid." I vote to forward the articles of impeachment, not to persecute anyone, but to allow those concerned to present their evidence to the people, so that the truth may prevail. Finally, I vote in favor of forwarding the articles of impeachment, to impress upon our youth that yes, there is hope in this nation if only we exercise our right to vote wisely.

No comments:

Post a Comment